TOP MUSIC ARTIST

COLLECTION OF VARIOUS MUSIC/VIDEOS/BANDS/ARTISTS IN DIFFERENT GENRE, CHECK OUT THEIR ALBUMS AND KNOWS WHAT'S HOT AND WHAT'S NOT...

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Iron Maiden




















Known for such powerful hits as "Two Minutes to Midnight" and "The Trooper," Iron Maiden was and is one of the most influential bands of the heavy metal genre. The often-imitated band existed for over 20 years, pumping out wild rock similar to Judas Priest. Iron Maiden has always been an underground attraction; although failing to ever obtain any real media attention in the U.S. (critics claimed them to be Satanists due to their dark musical themes and their use of grim mascot "Eddie"), they still became well known throughout the world and have remained consistently popular throughout their career. Iron Maiden was one of the first groups to be classified as "British metal," and, along with Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, and a host of other bands, set the rock scene for the '80s.

"THE WICKER" MUSIC VIDEO



Apparently the age-old art of rock n roll never dies. For those that weren't there the first time round for whatever reason or any hardcore fans out there, Iron Maiden's new live album is released.

Track Listing

Disc 1
1. Intro - Arthur's Farewell
2. The Wicker Man
3. Ghost Of The Navigator
4. Brave New World
5. Wrathchild
6. 2 Minutes To Midnight
7. Blood Brothers
8. Sign Of The Cross
9. The Mercenary
10. The Trooper (Live)

Disc 2
1. Dream Of Mirrors
2. The Clansman
3. The Evil That Men Do (Live)
4. Fear Of The Dark (Live)
5. Iron Maiden (Live)
6. The Number Of The Beast (Live Version)
7. Hallowed Be Thy Name (Live)
8. Sanctuary (Live)
9. Run To The Hills (Live)

"Hallowed Be Thy Name"

I'm waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn't have much time
Cos at 5 o'clock they take me to the gallows pole
The sands of time for me are running low
When the priest comes to read me the last rites
I take a look through the bars at the last sights
Of a world that has gone very wrong for me
Can it be theres some sort of error
Hard to stop the surmounting terror
Is it really the end not some crazy dream
Somebody please tell me that I'm dreaming
Its not so easy to stop from screaming
But words escape me when I try to speak
Tears they flow but why am I crying
After all I am not afraid of dying
Don't believe that there is never an end
As the guards march me out to the courtyard
Someone calls from a cell God be with you
If theres a God then why has he let me die?
As I walk all my life drifts before me
And though the end is near I'm not sorry
Catch my soul cos its willing to fly away
Mark my words please believe my soul lives on
Please don't worry now that I have gone
Ive gone beyond to see the truth
When you know that your time is close at hand
Maybe then you'll begin to understand
Life down there is just a strange illusion.

SAMPLE MUSIC


No comments:

Alternative/Punk/Rock

RNB Music

features...